Translations

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:11:43 UTC 2012

Hi Dmitry,

Yes, it seems that the C++ system tray automatically loads the catalog
"plasma_applet_systemtray.mo", probably guessing it from the name of
the applet's shared library (plasma_applet_systemtray.so).

For QML Plasma applets, there must be a similar automatic translation
catalog loader. For example, the QML applet
"containments/activityscreen" from the repository
git at git.kde:plasma-mobile.git is able to load the catalog
"plasma_applet_org.kde.active.activityscreen.po" somehow. Please note
the line "X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=org.kde.active.activityscreen" in
"plasma-mobile/containments/activityscreen/metadata.desktop".

Another basic question, do you have a compiled translation catalog
(.mo) in either "/usr/share/locale/<LANG>/LC_MESSAGES/" or
"/home/<USER>/.kde/share/locale/<LANG>/LC_MESSAGES/amarok.mo"? It
matters how this .mo file is called, as I described above.

--
Alexander Potashev