Current state of System Monitor

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:08:03 UTC 2012

On Thursday 09 August 2012, Dmitry wrote:

> >> Hmmm.... If I create pure QML applet then it isn't possible to handle
> >
> >> changing of plasmoid.formFactor&  plasmoid.location (:
> > why?
> > you are notified about the change of those 2 properties
> > and in qml is easy to dinamically change layouts, create and destroy
> > components and so on (with the state machine even easier)
>
> I've tried but if plasma starts then the plasmoid has right value of
> formFactor and location (and others). But if I change location of panel
> then plasmoid wont change formFactor and location. For example, for me
> the next doesn't work:

Yeah, seems to not work indeed, thanks for noticing ;)

the signals weren't emitted, i fixed that in both master and 4.9 branch.

unfortunately the property bindings still seem to not work, so unfortunately a
slightly more verbose code should be used, like:

Connections {
    target: plasmoid
    onLocationChanged: {
        //code to change state accordingly