Review Request: Support for multiple batteries in battery monitor applet

Viranch Mehta viranch.mehta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:20:52 UTC 2012

On 02-Aug-2012, at 7:05 PM, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> On Sunday, July 29, 2012 12:45:00 Viranch Mehta wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM, David Edmundson
>>
>> <kde at davidedmundson.co.uk>wrote:
>>> Given this patch is untested (due to Viranch having only one battery)
>>>
>>> and that we will have a lot of angry users complaining that the feature is
>>> missing, can I suggest we submit a version with this patch to
>>> kde-look.org,
>>> so that it is available in "get new stuff".
>>
>> Should the patched applet replace the original applet or be installed with
>> a different plugin name? If its installed as a different applet, it can't
>> be put in the system tray, so what do we want here?
>
> We should replace it with the same name, otherwise we'll just have stale
> applets lying around.

Then what about the applet that will be shipped in the next release? will it
replace this downloaded one again?

I think the applets downloaded from "get new stuff" go into ~/.kde/ which
precede the ones that are installed system-wide. so the one downloaded
by user might precede the one installed by the next release also. i'm not
sure about this though.

> And once tested, ship the updated version, maybe in 4.9.1 already?

the master is open again, i suppose?

Thanks,
Viranch