Plasma Active Image

Kevin Krammer anda.skoa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 08:33:58 UTC 2012

On Thursday, 2012-04-26, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday, 2012-04-26, Marco Martin wrote:

> > Hi Kevin,
> >
> > yeah, that would be cool indeed, let us know how it went ;)
> > at the moment there are some issues in the last mer updates, so i think
> > the safe side would be this:
> >
> > http://share.basyskom.com/contour/Deployment/MeeGo_x86_USB_Live_and_Insta
> > ll _Archive/2012-04-23-17-40-
> > basyskom-plasma-active-devel-meego-usb-live.iso
> >
> > is quite well tested on the exopc
>
> I will try that one, thanks!

Works nicely and looks great!

I do have a problem with wireless management though. The WLAN here is either a
hidden one or one needing WPA-EAP (Enterprise).

The latter is easy with networkmanager on a laptop, but the one in Plasma
Active does not ask for any authentication details nor does the applet seem to
have a way to manipulate the settings directly.

There is no kcm_networkmanagement either as far as I can tell.

Anyway to connect to the hidden one?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring