mpris2 engine and nowplaying QML applet

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Fri Apr 27 22:52:51 UTC 2012

This is following up my previous email about the mpris2 engine, and
asking for a formal review.

I've lost track of how the review procedure has changed since the move
to git, and I can't find documentation of it anywhere, so I apologise if
I screw this up.

The mpris2 engine, which I think should go in
kde-workspace/plasma/generic/dataengines (as per the previous thread
about it) is at
git://anongit.kde.org:scratch/alexmerry/mpris2-dataengine
It deprecates the nowplaying engine, which should be removed in 5.0.

I've rewritten the nowplaying applet in QML (with many improvements,
such as looking nice and behaving well in vertical and horizontal form
factors), and that should replace the existing nowplaying applet (of
which I am the maintainer) in kdeplasma-addons
git://anongit.kde.org:scratch/alexmerry/nowplaying-qml

Alex