NotifierItem Glowing on mouseOver

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:07:46 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 11 April 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> then i changed it to colorize the icons .. and again it was more visible
> but interestingly enough, due to the small amount of colour used in the
> default system tray icons, only small bits of the icons were affected.
>
> one way to confirm that this is indeed the issue would be to switch icon
> themes to one that uses colourful icons for the system tray. if the effect
> becomes visible again then that is the problem. given my research just now
> into the problem, this looks likely.
>
> can you confirm?

yep here all of them have highlight working correctly, is barely noticeable
but definitely there.
custom applets such the battery won't, and i see it quite difficult they could
ever be (would mean passing trough kiconeffect every single sub element, that
would pretty inefficient and ugly...
here the pretty solution would be shaders ;) (qml2)

--
Marco Martin