ScreenSaver and KDE Plasma 4.8?

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:27:23 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, September 30, 2011 07:48:28 todd rme wrote:
>> What about implementing a screensaver plasma wallpaper backend?  This
>
> this would require significant changes to Plasma::Wallpaper and a lot of
> changes to how the painting is handled there. i don't think this is a
> realistic option before frameworks 5 is released.

Okay, but hopefully this is a goal since it would solve all the problems.

In the meantime, what about running a transparent version of the new
locker with a non-locked screensaver underneath it?  I know this is a
bit hackish, but I really thing we would see a serious revolty if
screensaver support was removed.  People really like their
screensavers.

-Todd