Some simple ideas for desktop 4.8

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Sep 25 15:33:44 UTC 2011

On Sunday 25 September 2011 16:59:24 Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Something I forgot:
>
> 3-When switching between apps/windows via the taskbar, quite a lot of times
> the thumbnails stay in my way of clicking something, some times for example I
> had to wait until it dissapeared to be able to click "Play" in my video
> player.
>
> My proposal for this is to implement something like what colibri notification
> does, it basically "forwards" the event to what is behing it. I know that many
> people don't like this behaviour but is the only alternative I can think of.
>
> So again, what do you think?
Personally I don't like the feature as it is very unintuitive to understand when there is a click-through and when the click will
be eaten. Clicking on the thumbnail of the window activates the window clicking somewhere else goes through? Sounds
like a very bad idea in my opinion.

What might be a better solution is to hide the thumbnail faster or offer more possibilities like media playback as in windows
7. A possible option would also be to consider Icon tasks [1] as a replacement for our default tasks applet.

Cheers
Martin

[1] http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Icon+Tasks?content=144808