Some simple ideas for desktop 4.8

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sun Sep 25 14:24:25 UTC 2011

Hi there !

I've been using the default settings for a while now (like 1month) and I'd
like to propose a couple changes for 4.8, let's see what are your opinions:

1-Show the same windows in "Window switcher" and "Taskbar":
    Right now by default, Window Switcher is showing only the windows in the
current desktop while the taskbar is showing the windows in all desktop. This
has been very confusing for me since I'm not able to access to a window I'm
seeing in the taskbar via Window Switcher.
    I don't care wether we switch both to "Show only windows in this
workspace" or the other way, but both should show the same.

2-Remove oxygen window borders when composite is acitaved.
    This is more a visual thing than anything else, when using composite by
default shadows are actiavted, and them are pretty much borders in my most
humble opinion (I have 0 design skills...) removing the borders in compositing
make windows less cluttered to me.

So, what do you think?

Cheeeers!