Replace kimpanel in kdeplasma-addons with a rewrite version

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Sep 19 13:54:42 UTC 2011

On Monday, September 19, 2011 20:39:11 Weng Xuetian wrote:
> So I rewrite kimpanel (Use the same dbus protocol), and use dataengine
> for instead of direct dbus access. And I would like to maintain it in
> the future.

i am very happy to hear this :)

what i would like to suggest is this: request a new git repository on
git.kde.org and then push your repository into there. the form to request a
git repository is here:

	http://sysadmin.kde.org/svnaccount/repo-request.php

i do have some questions / observations:

* how well does the javascript version work?

* KimpanelEngine::sourceRequestEvent needs to setData at least once .. in
fact, what i'd suggest is instead of implementing sourceRequestEvent at all,
just create the INPUTPANEL_SOURCE_NAME and STATUSBAR_SOURCE_NAME sources in
init()

* KimpanelEngine::updateSourceEvent does not need to be implemented in the
engine

i can make some of these kinds of clean-ups directly once it is on git.kde.org
:) and i would very much welcome you as the new maintainer for this widget!

humru othro a kohnu se