IconTasks taskmanager changes

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 23:35:46 UTC 2011

In KDE Telepathy we have several dbus-activated apps that
1) Do not have .desktop files
2) Should not be able to be pinned to the taskbar

These apps are launched by telepathy and never by the user. The best
example is the chat application (telepathy-kde-text-ui) which is the
app used for a text chat with someone. If they are launched manually
it will immediately look for the pending dbus information realise it
hasn't got anything and close without ever showing the user anything,
which is a rubbish UI experience.

Interestingly current main task bar does not allow me to "Show a
launcher when not running", but Icon Tasks does. So there is a
regression in icon tasks , but it appears to be the complete opposite
to what is currently being discussed.

David Edmundson