Some help for recreating the Plasma Tool Box in QML

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 25 10:10:01 UTC 2011

On Friday, October 21, 2011 13:38:49 Viranch Mehta wrote:
> Well, I'm not sure if it is possible to just change a part of the panel (the
> tool box). You'd need to re-do the panel in qml, afaik.

the toolbox _icon_ itself is a very tiny piece and doesn't need to be touched.
it could be re-done in QML and the panel containment could use that instead.
it wouldn't be a big change.

still, i wouldn't worry about that. instead, i'd focus first on making the
toolbox window that pops up _itself_ QML as that is far more interesting and
useful.

iow: don't worry about touching the panel itself :)

humru othro a kohnu se