Some help for recreating the Plasma Tool Box in QML

Viranch Mehta viranch.mehta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:08:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> * What is the current way to get the basic KDE SC running from Git?

Build kdelibs, kde-runtime, libkactivities and kde-workspace.

> * What environment variables do i need to set to use KDE from Git (libdir,
> bindir...)?

I use the same old bashrc from techbase.

> * Which branches do i need for QML + KDE?

Master on all of the above repos will do.

> * Where do i need to be for recreating the plasma tool box in QML?
> kdebase-workspace?

I guess, but I'm not sure.

> * How do i get a QML file running without the window decorations (the
> current plasma tool box doesn't have decorations so i guess i don't want
> them in QML either)

Well, I'm not sure if it is possible to just change a part of the panel (the
tool box). You'd need to re-do the panel in qml, afaik. But again, not sure.