Media Query: KDE's Support For Android Tablets

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 18:25:15 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 17:35, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11/22/2011 09:15 PM, Alex Fiestas wrote:
>
>> HAving a good mtp support is going to become more and more important
>> since a lot of companies are using it to avoid to pay the vFat fee M$ is
>> imposing.
>>

> Now, all Android devices will be running 4+ which uses MTP. I think the
> support for it is very important. At the moment it is impossible to access
> data from the devices to PC using GNU/Linux. Only way is Windows or Mac
> which is not good as more and more people are using Android.

I wouldn`t say that all Android devices will be running 4+, most of them
won`t get official support. And custom roms uses only around 15-20% Android
users, which is not _that_ much. But still, it`s important to have this
support.

> I will assist in bug reporting and testing. I am about to buy Nexus Galaxy
> and no MTP support is my worst nightmare. I have Nexus S which will be
> upgraded to 4.x and I will lose the capability to access data. I already
> can't access anything on my Galaxy Tab from Linux.
>
> How to elevate this to priority list?

Get interested people with enough free time to work on it :)

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer