Media Query: KDE's Support For Android Tablets

Swapnil Bhartiya swapnil.bhartiya at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:35:31 UTC 2011

On 11/22/2011 09:15 PM, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> HAving a good mtp support is going to become more and more important
> since a lot of companies are using it to avoid to pay the vFat fee M$ is
> imposing.

Now, all Android devices will be running 4+ which uses MTP. I think the
support for it is very important. At the moment it is impossible to
access data from the devices to PC using GNU/Linux. Only way is Windows
or Mac which is not good as more and more people are using Android.

I will assist in bug reporting and testing. I am about to buy Nexus
Galaxy and no MTP support is my worst nightmare. I have Nexus S which
will be upgraded to 4.x and I will lose the capability to access data. I
already can't access anything on my Galaxy Tab from Linux.

How to elevate this to priority list?

Swapnil Bhartiya