Configuring plasma as a sysadmin

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Mon Nov 14 14:41:05 UTC 2011

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> as you didn't give a concrete description of what you wanted to achieve, i
> can't offer you more than that, but the documentation is fairly
> comprehensive and you can find examples here:

Thanks - I managed to hack something together. It seems to work though the
code is ugly

Jeremy

// find the existing panel
panel = panelById(panelIds[0]);

// change height
panel.height = 36

// find system tray widget
var idx = -1;
ids = panel.widgetIds
for (i = 0; i < ids.length; i++) {
    w = panel.widgetById(ids[i])
    if(w.type == 'systemtray')
        idx = w.index
}

// add cpu monitor before system tray
var cpu = panel.addWidget('sm_cpu')
cpu.writeConfig("interval", 10)
cpu.index = idx

// add launchers before system tray
var l2 = panel.addWidget('icon')
l2.writeConfig('Url', 'file:///usr/share/applications/mozilla
firefox.desktop')
l2.index = idx
var l3 = panel.addWidget('icon')
l3.writeConfig('Url', 'file:///usr/share/applications/mozilla-
thunderbird.desktop')
l3.index = idx
var l1 = panel.addWidget('icon')
l1.writeConfig('Url', 'file:///usr/share/applications/kde4/konsole.desktop')
l1.index = idx

// remove activity manager
ids = panel.widgetIds
for (i = 0; i < ids.length; i++) {
    w = panel.widgetById(ids[i])
    if(w.type == 'org.kde.showActivityManager')
        w.remove()
}