4.8 communication

Craig Drummond craig.drummond at gmx.net
Fri Nov 4 19:48:46 UTC 2011

Thanks for mentioning that taskbar changes :-) but... I don't think the
ghost entries bug is actually 100% fixed.  I applied Alex's diff to the
IconTasks' version of taskmanager, but still users reported the issue. I
had a lengthy email discussion with one of the bug reporters, who even
managed to reproduce it with icewm and plasma. I added lots of debug
code, and came the conclusion that the actual taskmanager library and
applet are doing all they can - it would appear that they are
(sometimes) not being notified when a window is closed. When a new
window is created, the window list is refreshed, and hence the ghost
disappears.

Craig.