Review Request: Plasmate can create a CMakeLists.txt at $my_plasmoid dir

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Nov 1 10:34:02 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, November 01, 2011 11:17:20 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Oct. 30, 2011, 8:03 a.m., Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > why is a CMakeLists.txt needed? plasmapkg is enough, no?
> >
> > Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> >     CMakeLists.txt is needed if you want to package the package (for OBS,
> >     for example).
>
> shouldn't that be part of the publishing step then?

Different issue:

- The CMakeLists.txt should be added so that the resulting package becomes
  easily packagable as rpm, deb or whatever, the "publishing" doesn't happen
  on the local machine here (at least not until we implement packaging into
  Plasmate, which seems a bit out of focus for now)

- The publishing on the developing machine right now installs the resulting
  package into the user's homedir. This can lead to shadowing the cmake-
  installed version, which can be confusing. We probably want the following
  options here:
	- install locally into ~/.kde4/
	- install systemwide into $KDEDIR
	- install to remote device (system-wide or locally, not sure)

So I think Giorgos' patch is a good start.

sebas