the utter failure of bugzilla (and us?)

Matthias Fuchs mat69 at gmx.net
Mon May 30 22:03:11 CEST 2011

> please have a look at http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Bugtracker and extend
> where you think it is needed.
>
> Cheers
> Martin
>
> P.S.: I think documenting in a wiki is better than long mailinglist threads
> nobody will read again
>
> :-)
> :

Ok, I added some of the stuff.

One thing I added is very important imo:
_Frontends_

As you mentioned bko is very slow and thus often a pain to use.
Here tools like Deskzilla [1] could help.

In the case of Deskzilla it caches all the information, that way you do not
depend on internet connection. Further you can work even if you are offline,
mark some changes to be send later and actually send them once you are online
again.

Also something I found very useful in a fast try is that you can create some
kind of subqueries. E.g. show me all bugs closed with Later.
Now you move that subquery to another query and it inherits all the queries
before.

That way it is very easy to use it for multiple products: Create the queries
once copy them to the new product and only change the product.

A disadvantage of this tool is that only the lite version is free. Though I
still think that tools like this could _drastically_ improve our workflow.
Nearly instant queries once you have cached the bugs for your product are
great.

[1] Because of this discussion I looked again what tools there are found again
(forgot about it :D ) Deskzilla.