the utter failure of bugzilla (and us?)

Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas terietor at gmail.com
Sun May 29 22:25:16 CEST 2011

hello,

I am very happy to see that a thread like this is being started.

Almost everything that had to been told is being said.

I agree that somehow the bugzilla has to be more "closed",but this
doesn't mean that the users will not be able to report bugs.
It would be a great idea to add a new section for plasma bugs at the
KDE's forum and with the feed regenerator everyone will be able to see
the "real" bugs and report them(the one who has access.).

Definitely there are more inappropriate people to judge if the plasma
bugzilla needs a restart or not.But from the technical point of
view,not only the plasma team but the entire KDE community needs the
best bug tracker.
Also,consider if it would be good for the plasma team to add some more
"titles" to their stuff.The KDE community has only developers,making a
"closer" bugzilla would require a new "title",don't see this as
rock-staring but as breaking down the roles of the plasma team.

Regarding the ability to open bugs only for plasma devs,this require
to name down all the devs of KDE community(at least i guess!).If that
happened i think that something like this would help the organization
of the entire project.

Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas