taking a stronger stance on the python bugs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri May 27 23:21:39 CEST 2011

hi...

so dozens of python bindings related crashes have been languishing in plasma's
bugs list. i'm currently dealing with them by:

* invalidating ones that are invalid (e.g. crashing in the nvidia blob) and
closing ones that were fixed because the bug was actually in libplasma and
since fixed. this is the minority

* forwarding unique looking backtraces to the bindings components in bugzilla

* closing the non-unique-looking ones as upstream

i understand that there's a gsoc project to improve the python bindings in kde
and that's great news. however, it isn't a binding that the plasma team
maintains, nor is it the bindings we recommend by default. as there is very
little we can do about it ourselves, i'd like us to adopt a "hard line" policy
on such bug reports so they don't continue to take up space in our bug
listings for no reason: forward new problems to bindings, close the rest
without prejudice.

humru othro a kohnu se