Feature Freeze in place - What about Integration repo?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun May 15 19:34:10 CEST 2011

Hi all,

as we all know the hard feature freeze is in place since somewhen last week. So we are
supposed to fix bugs and no longer work on features. But we all want to continue hacking.
At Tokamak we wanted to setup an integration repository and I think now is the timepoint to
get this started.

I just pushed current origin/master into my personal clone and if we don't find something else,
I would propose my clone as the integration repository for kde-workspace.

To clone use (the integration branch would become origin):
git clone kde:clones/kde-workspace/graesslin/kde-workspace.git

To add it as an additional remote to your existing clone:
git remote add integration kde:clones/kde-workspace/graesslin/kde-workspace.git

If we go for this, I would push current origin/master to this repo every few days. Pushing to
integration/master should only be done by the maintainers (whoever will be our Linus ;-), so
only branch of the integration/master branch and push to your own branches.

A summary of what we discussed and proposed (though not yet finally agreed on) can be
found in techbase:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Git/Feature_Development_Workflow

Cheers and Happy Coding
Martin