GSoC QMLify plasmoids proposal

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:21:37 CEST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Artur de Souza <asouza at kde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
>> to me the proposal seems quite good now
>
> +1.
>
> I would only change to make kickoff one of the last ones. I didn't
> touch kickoff's code, but maybe it's a little complex and it's better
> to finish others that are simpler first?
>
> Cheers,

Also, some of the work on others can then be used for kickoff.  For
instance some of the stuff related to getting the lock/logout widget
working properly might be helpful for getting the same behavior in
kickoff working.  Similarly some of the work on the device notifier
might have relevance to device handling in kickoff.

Along those lines, I am not that familiar with QML, but might it be
both easier and desirable to implement the various tabs of the kickoff
launcher as individual widgets first, then incorporate them into
kickoff?  I personally would like having a favorites or places widget.

-Todd