GSoC QMLify plasmoids proposal

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:33:55 CEST 2011

On Monday 28 March 2011, Viranch Mehta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review my proposal for GSoC project QMLify Plasmoids:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/19zZn2ObkGWFRVOjaaVu1qp54Olb7g50FN6RgyAQ
> hFm0/edit?hl=en&authkey=CKPlh6oP
>
> I've specified the order of plasmoids that I think would be appropriate in
> increasing order of complexity.

Hi,
the proposal is good, it should be a bit more elaborate tough.
the "qmlfy" term was used just for fun, however the official proposal should
have a bit more serious name, like "QML port of workspace and addons
plasmoids"

before describing what you want to port (also list the one in progress stating
that you want to finish them would be good) half a page of problem statement
would be good (brief qml description, why they will have lower maintainsnce
costs, ease of adaption to mobile devices etc)

please also state that you will work together whoever will write the plasma
qtcomponents set (hope there will be a separate gsoc for that, could end up be
necessary you to work also on them...)

Cheers,
Marco Martin