Google Summer of Code

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sun Mar 27 13:51:39 CEST 2011

On Sunday 27 March 2011 11:45:01 Marco Martin wrote:
> it's also true that most of those gestures would be pretty window manager
> specific, so could even make sense in kwin..
I see three things which speak against having it in KWin:
1. There are valid global functions independent of KWin. E.g. Show Dashboard, lock screen,
interaction with Media Player
2. Multitouch support in KDE should not depend on the Window Manager. The gestures should
also work if someone uses e.g. IceWM.
3. I don't want to have the code in KWin ;-) I don't have such a device and I think we are
seriously lacking the manpower to maintain it.

And I think it would fit nicely with the existing Mouse Gesture module.

Cheers
Martin