questions about plasmoidviewer

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 24 08:51:52 CET 2011

On Wednesday, March 23, 2011, Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:53:52 PM Marco Martin wrote:
> > correct.
> > it's up to the plasmoids to react to formfactor/location.
> > many don't need to, some do adjust
> > for the launcher it should happen the stock behaviour of popupapplets, if
> > you give -f horizontal or -f vertical and you resize the resulting
> > window,
>
> Is there some way to see for which effects react to formfactor/location

it's completely dependent on the plasmoid. the only semi-exception to this are
PopupApplets which have a consistent behaviour in turning into icons (which is
implemented in PopupApplet itself)

> > maybe on a wiki? community.kde.org?
>
> i was thinking in the begging to create it at my user space(at the
> community.kde.org) in order to avoid incomplete tutorial to the plasma
> wiki. And when it is ready to do a copy&paste or a hyperlink.

the best way to do it is on techbase.kde.org (where it will end up) and put it
in your personal space. then we can move it when it is ready to its final
location (i have admin rights on techbase to move pages)

> Also,for this specific tutorial i was thinking that some video would help a
> lot.what do u think?

a video would be great.

humru othro a kohnu se