Plasma services within Javascript (Aaron J. Seigo)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 9 13:06:34 CET 2011

On Wednesday, March 9, 2011, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) wrote:
> hhmm ok, anyways the example listed in [0] is still not working. Hints
> about this?

oh, it's working. just probably not like you expect. what it does is inject a
notification _directly into the notifications engine_ ... which one probably
expects (myself included ;) is that it sends the notification out over D-Bus
(which potentially will return to itself over D-Bus as well ... but not if
there another process already claiming to be the notifications server).

this is why it appears to not work from plasmoidviewer, for instance.

improving kde-workspace/plasma/generic/dataengines/notifications/ in
NotificationsEngine::createNotification would be cool.

> > this is working just fine here ... what version of kdelibs and
> > kde-runtime are
> > you using?
>
> Oh this is kind of weird. Last night I recompiled KDE (last time I did it
> was sunday night), and now it's working good.

yay for magic. =O

humru othro a kohnu se