activity manager/widget explorer and ContorllerWindow keyPressEvent problem

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:02:59 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 March 2011, Farhad Hedayati-Fard wrote:
> Hi,
> I've worked on the focusing problem of widget explorer and activity manager
> so that the search box has focus when they're opened.
> it seems that now the search box has focus when they're opened , but the
> keyEvents are processed by the ControllerWindow, (I've put qDebug()s in

it's correct ControllerWindow has the focus, since it's the view's widget.
then when a view has the focus, a qgraphicsitem in the scene the view is
viewing can have the focus... but focus of qgraphicsscene items and focus of
the real widgets is a slightly different thing

> every focusInEvent() and focusOutEvent() to follow the focus being passed
> down through the widgets, and It goes to the search box, so I think that
> the focusing is not the problem anymore).
> I've also put qDebugs in keyPressEvent()s to see where keyPress events are
> being processed, and found that they're going to
> ControllerWindow::keyPressEvent()...
> I tried using grabKeyboard() and releaseKeyboard() in searchbox's
> focusInEvent() and focusOutEvent(). this works, but Marco told that doing
> so is dangerous when I was using it for calendar keyboard navigation.

no, better avoiding grabkeyboard ;)

> So, What should I do to get this working?

so the probem is that the cursor is blinking but the key evets aren't actually
delivered?
(at least is what i see happening here)

Cheers,
Marco Martin