activity manager/widget explorer and ContorllerWindow keyPressEvent problem

Farhad Hedayati-Fard hf.farhad at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:20:35 CET 2011

Hi,
I've worked on the focusing problem of widget explorer and activity manager so
that the search box has focus when they're opened.
it seems that now the search box has focus when they're opened , but the
keyEvents are processed by the ControllerWindow, (I've put qDebug()s in every
focusInEvent() and focusOutEvent() to follow the focus being passed down
through the widgets, and It goes to the search box, so I think that the
focusing is not the problem anymore).
I've also put qDebugs in keyPressEvent()s to see where keyPress events are
being processed, and found that they're going to
ControllerWindow::keyPressEvent()...
I tried using grabKeyboard() and releaseKeyboard() in searchbox's
focusInEvent() and focusOutEvent(). this works, but Marco told that doing so
is dangerous when I was using it for calendar keyboard navigation.

So, What should I do to get this working?

Thanks in advance :)
Farhad