Change Wallpaper through a Service?

Jeremiah Summers jmiahman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:10:29 CEST 2011

The other day my wife asked me (not a heavy Linux/KDE User) why when
she right clicked on an image did she not have an option in "Actions"
to set it as her wallpaper. I thought that was a good question.
Remember the KDE 3 days I thought it should be pretty simple (now
especially with dbus instead of dcop) create a simple desktop file and
add it too services. Looking for the method in qbusviewer came up with
no real results so to furth my knowledge I went to google. Only to
find dishearted posters saying something so simple (and once easy)
could no longer be done. I was wonder if that is true, or maybe if it
might be a bit more complex (Javascript) but still doable? If so how
might I go about it?

Kind Regards

Jeremiah