How to stop edge of Plasma::Dialog to Change

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 16:51:03 UTC 2011

On Friday 22 July 2011, Weng Xuetian wrote:
> I need a window to be always on the top to display the preedit and
> candidate string, and this window will follow the cursor position, and
> it should fit the content size within it. So it would resize and move
> quite frequently after user input and focus change. AFAIK, the Plasma
> Dialog edge hugging doesn't react immediately after the window move, I
> don't want the preedit window to flicker.

i can see another solution:
right now we do that to look good in panels, to stick it to the border...
that means the corresponding applet has a location that is Top, Right, Left or
Bottom.

if the dialog is not attached to an applet this way, or whatever is attached
to has like a Desktop location, I could change the behaviour that wouldn't
remove borders anymore (seems to make sense from a logical POV)

Aaron, Weng, would this solution be ok?

> So the only way is to implement with a simple qt window and paint it
> with Plasma Svg?

in that way wouldn't be possible anymore to write a pure qml applet, also, the
syncronization of geometry between the window and the viewed item in the scene
is not trivial, so better not duplicate that code ;)

Cheers,
Marco Martin