[RFC] Making Compositing a hard build dependency for KWin

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 22:40:56 CEST 2011

On Monday, July 18, 2011 21:36:54 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> I am not aware of any XServer not supporting the named extensions. To be
> sure I will also post this mail to the packagers mailinglist if nobody
> contradicts me here on KWin and Plasma till let's say end of this week.
>
> Opinions?

build deps: agreed.

default configuration deps ... not sure yet. once there is a reliable, decent
OpenGL software pipeline all the way through our software stack then we can go
that final step.

but for build .. sure :)

in fact, what i'd suggest is to go one step further since you are breaking
this ground for kde-workspace: let's agree on those extensions as build
requirements and then remove any/all ifdefs around them in all of kde-
workspace.

i don't think it makes sense to do it for kwin and not for everything else.

so .. as you said: opinions? :)

humru othro a kohnu se