plasma-mobile: sorting out the contents

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 8 11:02:22 CEST 2011

hi ...

plasma-mobile has become a bit of a dumping ground, evidently for historical
reasons. there are things from the early Plasma Mobile development as well as
things from Plasma Active in there. there are samples and examples as well as
the mobile components and generally useful DataEngine. this really needs to
get sorted out because it is exceptionally confusing when first getting
involved with this side of the project, and there are components in there that
really ought to be generically available (such as the DataEngines and
Components).

i'd like to host an irc meet up where those who have been committing to the
repository (primarily sebas and marco, it seems?) can help me sort through
things and we can move everything into an easier-to-grasp structure based on
intended target, maturity and type of component.

i'll see if we can get this together today or tomorrow. i've started a wiki
page to record the results from which we can start making the necessary
changes.

humru othro a kohnu se