the next step on the desktop

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 21:29:01 CET 2011

On Monday, January 31, 2011, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > hm.. but they don't show up in window titlebar context menus when they
> > are stopped; so a "bug" in kwin, then? it should be possible imho to
> > send windows to any defined activity. we could put the stopped
> > activities at the bottom of
>
> What would that do?
>
> 1. Start the activity in question

that would be unexpected imho.

> 2. Stop the application and remember it should be in that activity
> 2. Just assign the window to the activity (apart from the current one)
> and do nothing else

if it is only associated with stopped activities, then it should probably
"join them". if it is also associated with the current activity, then it
should just be assigned. still thinking about it though :)

what would be really nice is if an iconic representation of the activity it
was being associated with "popped up" somewhere on screen to reinforce the
idea that the window had been added to it. if the app was stopped, the window
would "minimize to it" like we do with the minimize action to the tasks widget
now. if it was just associated with the activity, then perhaps the window
title could "duplicate" and then go "into" the activity representation.

> > the menu after a separator to help keep the running ones more prominent
> > and easier to find?
>
> Yes... the sorting should be added everywhere.

+1

humru othro a kohnu se