QML code style

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Thu Jan 20 20:07:57 CET 2011

Hi all,

I think this would be essential to decide before we dive into QML deeper.

We're all used to kdelibs style when C++ is concerned, so our code is
generally unified all across different parts of KDE Code. QML is a new
area which nobody (with the exception of Marco and a few other ppl)
has had an experience with, so without some style guidelines, we'll
end up with totally unreadable code.

I've seen some of the pim qml code, and it fails to impress me with
the organisation, not to mention that it is fully undocumented. (I
hope nobody will get offended since this is not meant as a 'slap on
the wrists', but as an example of what is going to happen if we don't
plan ahead).

The things that concern me the most at the moment are names for
properties, for 'items' (id: ) and similar.

The other thing that should be discussed is how the files should be layoutted.

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard