roadmap of the chime feature in the analog clock

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 17:14:55 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 8:18 AM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 15 January 2011, sunny sharma wrote:
>> I think I have confused you guys with my words. Actually presently we have
>> Text to speech in the
>> the General page. So in addition to that we will be having chime drop down
>> selector along with the
>> Text to speech with chime in bold letters.
>>
>> So, It would be something like this inside the GENERAL tab "in the left"
>>
>> General
>>
>> *Text to speech* -----------------------------
>>
>> *Chime *-----------------------------------------*
>> *
>> I hope this removes all confusion which has been created because of me. I
>> am sorry for that.
>> Now please comment on this.
>
> ok, this makes sense, yes., and compact enough.
>
> however as i said, before going that route i would try to modify them making a
> single "audio feedback" section, in part to avoid making it possible having
> and audio chime and the text to speech playing in the same moment covering
> each other :)  they sounds really like mutually exclusive options to me.

I was thinking the same thing, have a drop-down for the time and radio
buttons for speech or chime.  If you are setting the chime, you could
have a file selector that is disabled unless chime is used.

I seem to recall someone working on multiple independent time
announcements or chimes.  Am I just imagining things, or is this part
of that effort, or is this an independent project?  If it is the last
case, it might be good to coordinate before going any further with
this.

-Todd