Plasma desktop init scripting

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:06:14 CET 2011

> > hypothertical use case: an activity template wants to set something
> > special in some app.
> > I'm having second thoughts about whether plasma-desktop is the
> > appropriate place to do that from. haven't thought it through in detail.
> > just food for thought.
>
> yes, could be a valid one.
> in ideal pink ponies world, would be the application itself that does that
> (or the application supporting init scripting by itself ) but this is so
> not realistinc that yeah, the activity template modifying soething in the
> application config could be an idea.
>
> a not exactly wanted counter effect it could have i think is this
> influencing the behaviour of said application in all activities,
> especially if the app doesn't support them natively

my subconscious just told me, "nepomuk!!"
would it be feasible/desirable for applications with activity (or other
context) features to store such things in nepomuk in some standard way such
that it could be manipulated egal ob the program is running and have
everything magically work?

probably somerhting that needs investigating, coming up with several concrete
use cases...

--
Chani
http://chani.ca