The future of virtual desktops

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 25 02:44:33 CET 2011

On Thursday, February 24, 2011, Hans Chen wrote:
> What I want to know is the following: Are there any plans or outlines
> regarding how to proceed with virtual desktop (and activities)? Are they

they are orthogonal concepts and i don't think we should at this time get too
worked up about them.

for those who don't use virtual desktops now -> not an issue
for those who don't use activities -> not an issue
for those who use both happily -> not an issue

people who know virtual desktops but who are learning and using activities are
the only ones really affected, and i think it's likely to be a "growing pains"
issue as they adjust. it may just as well work itself out naturally.

we don't know what their resulting work flows will be yet. that would be a
matter for a field study or we can just wait and see. if/when we do know what
the resulting work flow typically is for a virtual desktop and activities
user, we can then take this topic up if we wish to.

but imho right now it's "not an issue" :)

humru othro a kohnu se