GSoC on Porting Plasmoids to QML

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Feb 22 20:24:41 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 February 2011, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>> Not gonna happen here, Already started talking about the project in the ML.
>> Also already started learning QML, and seeing what can be done for the
>> plasmoids.
>
> i just would like to avoid  having a thousand of proposals on the same thing,
> this one has 3 at the moment ;) (but as i said the others buh, seems to be
> kinda vanished;)

Not gonna vanish here too. ;p , morpheuz knows where I live and can
kill me if I do.

>> Where can I grab plasma-2 sources to try it out here?
>
> plasma-2 exists only in our little dirty minds at the moment ;)
> btw, the qml only plasmoids are there (and should be *almost * plasma2 proof
> ;))
> there are already some in svn playground/base/plasma/declarativeplasoids
>
> right now they can be done either with the old plasma widgets binded in qml or
> waiting for the plasma components.
> there is another guy that promised that will start them soon (in theory as
> part of gsoc, hopefully getting started before) Daker, if you are reading,
> that's for you :p

thanks for the heads up, gonna take a look at the code and start
porting one just for a proof of concept.
Daker, you will try the components, right? I think this two socs will
overlap eachother a bit, but that`s not a problem in my vision.

> you two probably should get together to see what depends on what since the
> work of portng plasmoids to aml would be pretty much dependent on the
> components work.
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

Cheers