[RFC] Enforcing Compositing

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Feb 21 16:22:29 CET 2011

A Segunda, 21 de Fevereiro de 2011 13:26:12 Sebastian Kügler você escreveu:
> On Monday, February 21, 2011 14:05:59 Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> > A Segunda, 21 de Fevereiro de 2011 11:23:36 Sebastian Kügler você
escreveu:
> > > <exec summary>
> > > - let's try it in unreleased master for a bit
> > > - let's see how Unity and GNOME shell are received
> > > - let's try to improve communication with Xorg devs
> > > - let's target it for 4.8
> > > </exec summary>
> >
> > wille I agrea with the sumary, I want to SUPORT what Martin is trying to
> > do here......
> > Contrary to what many people belive this is not mostly about eye candy.
> > We realy need sooner or later to have a fully composite desktop with no
> > strings atached... the number of visual solutions for our clutered
> > desktop aplications is amazing if we have a trusted to exyst composite
> > desktop....For to long have we been stuck with static (xi, yi)
> > windows.... We need more abstraction betwinf frorm and function, this
> > will be vital for the brave new UI world that is forming in the mist.
> >
> > I repeat this is not about eye candy this is about  more natural less
> > "explicit information" saturated UI's
>
> I fully agree with you, however:
>
> - the stack is not ready for it yet
> - enforcing compositing is not going to change that
> - it's bad timing, let others try it first
>
> -> enforcing compositing would be the wrong solution to the problem at this
> point.

yes yes :) i started by saying  yes :) we agrea as usual...
just trying to make its clear that Martin work is realy realy realy valued :)
some times we tend to get stuck on the reasons how come we don't do somthing,
and as a result give up on the problems, persistence like Martin shows is
probaly more important than the problems and I just wanted to say that to him
:D

--
oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"