Systemcolors in SVGs

Manuel Mommertz 2Kmm at gmx.de
Sun Feb 20 13:56:47 CET 2011

On Sunday 20 February 2011 12:03:15 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Sunday 20 February 2011, Manuel Mommertz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > since 4.6 plasma allows prepered svgs to use system colors. For this to
> > work the svg needs to have a css-style with the id 'current-color-scheme'
> > which gets replaced by a style containing classes with the actual system
> > colors on load.
> > For someone with knowlage of xml/svg code it should be trivial to apply
> > this after the graphic itself was finished. But I think most people
> > creating graphics don't want to dive in the source code. For this purpose
> > I am working on a little tool to help them.
>
> a thing that would be realy needed for this, is documentation /howto on a
> wiki page, as a subcategory, or sub page of
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/Theme

Yes but for the usual audience this has to be based on svgmod rather then
modifying the code. For the more technical audience there is documentation at
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Theme#Using_system_colors

> > Take a look at http://kame2.de/KDE/svgmod/
> > To get a colorscheme aware svg there are four steps needed:
> > * Define which system colors you want to use.
> > * Create the svg like you are used to but use one defined color at places
> > where on system color should take effect.
> > * Add the corresponding classes to your svg with svgmod -a
> > * Transform elements using a defined color to the corresponding system
> > color with svgmod -c
>
> very useful tool indeed!
> the existence of this too lshould be docuented as well, and i think it
> should be distributed by KDE somewhere, what about together
> a) kde-sdk, or
> b) plasmate?

I am fine with this but have to say that I am low on time. I can only
investigate few hours a week in this.
And I would need some guidance on adding this to git. (more the
administrational stuff then the technical)

Cheers
Manuel Mommertz