another interesting bug.. this time performance related

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Sat Feb 19 14:07:29 CET 2011

Quoting "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>:
> plasmoid that the animated layout on top of QGraphicsGridWidget is a failure.
> it's ok, and the code does some impressive things given the limitations, but
> it's just not Good Enough(tm) and it simply _can't_ be. so i've started
> working on a replacement for it. a properly animated grid layout that's a
> subclass of QGraphicsLayout. fun.

We did some animated layouts in the past that worked pretty well. But
by that time we were animating between layouts (ie: from a
QGraphicsLinearLayout to a QGraphicsGridLayout). What kind of
animation are you trying to do? Maybe I can help?

Cheers!

http://claimid.com/morpheuz
Blog: http://blog.morpheuz.cc
PGP: 0xDBEEAAC3 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net