Featurlets for 4.7

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:25:33 CET 2011

On Friday 11 February 2011 21:58:29 Marco Martin wrote:
> Let ideas begin :)

I've added a few for calendar / clock widget improvements, some my ideas, some
from bug reports, feel free to critique:

Calendar / Clock
* Improve appearance of pop-ups by arranging timezone / holiday / event data
using HTML tables
* KAlarm integration: RMB menu to have "New Alarm" sub-menu, pop-ups to show
KAlarms currently set
* Keyboard navigation
* In config choose time format via combo for System / 12 hour / 24 hour (like
date format now is)
* In config make setting clock font optional, default to system font
* Apply font to date & timezone text as well?
* Improve text auto-layout code, there's many bugs reported.

World Clock:
* Ability to set custom time in a selected timezone to see result in other
timezones (as discussed elsewhere)
* Search box / combo to quickly select a timezone, with time edit next to it,
and a "Current Time" button, able to turn on/off in config
* In config use same timezone selector as normal clocks, make separate page
not tab, set default timezone for clock to show
* List view of time zones instead of map (or new widget?)

Cheers!

John.