Cashew buttons Featurelets

Rick Stockton rickstockton at reno-computerhelp.com
Sun Feb 13 20:43:48 CET 2011

I have an additional thought about two of the items:

    Lock/Logout:
    1. Add more options: Screen saver, shut down, reboot, turn off screen.

Yes, and IMO, it would be of even greater value to let each KDE user
configure a pre-selected "default" action. This would eliminate the
current need for a mouse drag to choose a button-- a button which our
users probably use with 90% consistency.

In my usage, where the entire system functions as a desktop computer for
me, I would select "shutdown" as my default.
Yes, I have "test" users, and sometimes switch DE's, and sometimes
update a library which calls for a restart-- but I'm almost always doing
this choice.

    Cashew:
    1. Mouse actions for the cashew.  Currently we have mouse actions for
    doing mouse events on the desktop.  We should have the same thing for
    the cashew (except for left mouse click, of course).  For instance a
    user could have scroll wheel on the desktop to change virtual
    desktops, and scroll wheel on the cashew to change activities.

Shawn said, "This doesn't seem useful/sensible, but maybe that's just me."
And I agree; it seems to merely add a strange, confusing "gotcha!"
complication while resting on the cashew.