GSoC aspirant

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Wed Feb 9 22:08:33 CET 2011

Hello Viranch,

Quoting Viranch Mehta <viranch.mehta at gmail.com>:
> QMLifying the plasma widgets is really a great idea that I would love to
> implement. I plan to get my proposal ready by this time next week. But
> first, I would love to hear from the plasma team about their views on the
> idea. I really look forward to get involved with KDE (particularly, plasma)
> through this GSoC project.

It's good to hear that people are starting to get interested in our
projects! :)
I would recommend that in your proposal you try to be as much clear as
possible regarding the objectives like: which plasmoids you plan to
QMLify and how you plan that.

I'm saying this because some plasmoids make use of plasma stuff that
(still) are not exported to QML and your work would probably include
this (with our help of course).

Cheers and just let us know if you have any further questions,

Artur