Plasma mediacenter - is it still alive?
cblauvelt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:21:01 CET 2011
> best channel is the mailing lst here,
> #plasma and #plasma-mediacenter irc chnnels on freenode
> and there are a couple of people interested of getting it bck in
> i hope they will speak up in this thread, but anyways I'll get them in
> with you :)
I was looking at doing this as a GSoC. I've actually spent my weekend
getting a development environment ready to get started. My goals for 0.1
release of the project are:
- Develop a video widget that has composited controls and can handle full
1080p video well with a reasonably powered system. What reasonably powered
is will have to be determined.
- Develop a picture viewer that can show pictures while designing for
- Develop a music player that plays music. Nothing fancy . . . yet.
- Develop a media browser to start playing video/music or start showing
- Develop a UI that is based on QML and QtComponent whenever practical.
Notice how I'm starting with the building blocks and working my way to
other, more complicated things. I think one of the big problems we had last
year (with no shots being taken at anyone) was there was a lot of excitement
but not enough direction and we need to start with the foundation before we
can start on the ornamental roof.
My TZ is GMT-5 so if you want to get together on IRC #plasma-mediacenter
sometime this week let me know. I might be available today but . . . it's
the super bowl so no promises.
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Plasma-devel