Dataengine for browser bookmarks

Jan Gerrit José Marker jangerrit at weiler-marker.com
Sat Feb 5 14:54:00 CET 2011

Hello,
The idea was on plasma-devel some time ago:
Write a dataengine which lists the bookmarks of browsers like Firefox,
Konqueror or Opera.

The bookmarks runner got the feature of querying Firefox' and Opera's
bookmarks in KDE SC 4.4 or 4.5. I used the code of this runner to implement
the dataengine. The bookmarks are listed hierarchical. You can find its source
code in my scratch repository:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fjangmarker%2Fbrowserbookmarks.git&a=summary
Currently Konqueror, Firefox 3.x and Opera are supported. I'll work on support
for Chromium/Google Chrome later.

I'd like to move the project to KDE review but at first I would appreciate some
feedback about the way it works, you can find information about it in the
README file.

If it is accepted and moved to kde-workspace I would port the runner to use
this engine.

Best regards,
Jan Gerrit Marker (jangmarker)