tokamak five

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 00:31:17 CET 2011

On Thursday, February 3, 2011, Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> It seems it's that time of the year again :)
>
> I would really like we could have a little meeting again, maybe around
> april? I tink this time it would be nice to hae few people (10-15? but i
> want at least a couple of new faces there ;) to lay down a plan for the

i think 15 even might be a bit too much for this one. i'd really enjoy a
smaller, more focused Tokamak this time around. 10-12 is a good target imho.

3 new faces minimum, leaving a maximum of 9 "old guard"? we should have at
least one kwin dev (more welcome), nepomuk would be nice to have there ...

> next releases, what we want to do, what the architecture of libplasma2
> could be.. (good news, will have a way lower entry point barrier;)

=)

> sooo some ideas abut
> * topics

QML+JS, plasma-desktop circa jan 2012, plasma mobile and libplasma2 should be
PLENTY, no?

these topics are all related, overlap in significant ways and are key to 2011,
imho.

activities would get pulled in by plasma-desktop and mobile, as would some
other topics like spiffying up the tasks widget and thinking about kickoff.

> * dates

if it's in April, it can't be in the middle of the month for me. the beginning
or end of April work, though.

> * location? (that's the tricky part, eheh ;)

indeed; we could put out a call for hosts on our blogs?

humru othro a kohnu se