New properties for StatusNotifierItem (0/3)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:27:31 CET 2011

On Thursday 03 February 2011, Ted Gould wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to propose some new properties to be added to the SNI interface
> for a couple of projects in the Application Indicator framework that we
> have over here.  We'd love it if you guys would consider adopting them
> in the base spec.  Also, if you have comments on how to make them better
> I would love to know that as well.  I haven't implemented anything in
> this mail at this point.
>
> I'm going to go ahead and put them in a set of mails so that each
> feature can be discussed in a separate thread.  Sorry for all the mails
> but I think it'll keep the discussion more organized.  Also, I'm not
> subscribed to plasma-devel so please CC me on replies.

Hi,
Good there is still interest.
this should be really be revived in freedesktop.
I think now among kde and ubuntu and the app using it could be wide enough, i
would *really* like to trnsition to org.freedesktop.* bus names and call the
spec "1.0"

My comments on the proposals themselves in the next mails

Cheers,
Marco Martin