the next step on the desktop

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Wed Feb 2 01:42:28 CET 2011

Am Dienstag 01 Februar 2011, 13:17:51 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:

> Actually, Aaron expressed my thoughts about your comments exactly.

If that's the case, you guys really should work on your self esteem. Just because someone
tells his opinion he certainly does not necessarily demand his opinion to turn into
reality as if you guys were his slaves.
My initial mail does not contain a single word of harsh language or a demand of any kind.
OTOH Aaron's mail implied lots of negative stuff about me that cannot be farther from the
truth.

> It's not
> about calming down, but about having a useful discussion among Plasma
> developers. People don't just take part to advance their own agenda, we're
> having this discussion to determine direction.

I stand by my opinion that turning the focus towards Activities benefits mostly the kind
of user who uses many applications simultaneously. If you agree: Fine. If not: The world
doesn't collapse either.
I never have and never will bitch about defaults that may not suit my taste, just as I
never bitched about my Plasma Netbook mockup from a few months ago not being received
well.

Believe it or not: Whatever you will come up with, I'll stay grateful for your work.

Markus